After much speculation, Apple has finally announced it will be releasing its latest addition to the iPhone family. As of September 16th, iPhone lovers all over the world will be able to get their hands on the iPhone 7 Plus and test its capabilities. If you’re to believe the initial reviews and critiques of the smartphone, then you can expect it to surpass the 6s Plus in many ways, making it an obvious choice for top smartphone of the year.
Reports from all of the top tech magazines and websites are all proving one thing: the smartphone community is excited about the 7 Plus. The true story behind such a powerful and efficient piece of technology can be hard to condense, but there are a few key facts that you need to know before you pre-order your own device. How it shapes up against the old 6s Plus is just one of them. The latest updates separating the new 7 Plus from older generations include:
- Pressure-sensitive solid home button made with the same haptic technology as Apple’s ForceTouch trackpads eliminating the need to depress the button,
- No headphone jacks — requiring wireless EarPods to listen to music,
- 64-bit A10 Fusion chip with M10 motion coprocessor, making it up 40% faster,
- Extended battery life estimated at 14 hours of LTW browsing, and
- New color options of matte black and jet black (before they sold out, this is).
When the shortened list of specs is that impressive, you can understand why any accessory you add to the 7 Plus (whether for protection or fashion) should reflect the quality of the phone. An iPhone 7 Plus skin is exactly that material that can complement Apple’s latest updates and deliver on both protection and style. But it’s important that you get a skin that fits. Not all manufacturers can provide the precision fit that the designers at dbrand can promise (with a fit so close it needs to be measured in the micro-millimeters). That’s because they make two grave mistakes: they use the wrong materials and they don’t refine their process.
A high quality skin will have undergone plenty of revisions until they can be cut to complement Apple’s blueprints for the 7 Plus. But more importantly, like the creators at dbrand, the manufacturer must use 3M vinyl.3M vinyl iPhone skins can:
- Provide a superior fit, adding only 0.23 millimeters to the overall size of the 7 Plus,
- Prevent cosmetic damages from sharp objects,
- Keep the 7 Plus clean as its surface is grime-resistant,
- Improve the 7 Plus’ water resistance, as liquid can’t penetrate the material,
- Enhance the natural grip of the smartphone, decreasing the chances of dropping it, and
- Personalize the look of the iPhone
When you’re ready to see what your 7 Plus can look like, check out the build-a-skin app featured at dbrand.com/shop/iphone-7-plus-skins. This application lets you create a skin in real time, choosing the color and finish of each piece and seeing what they look like together. The selection that you have at your fingertips is far more impressive than Apple’s matte black, jet black, silver, gold, and rose gold. From colored carbon fiber to leather to faux-wood, there’s something for every fashion sense.
Take the time to create one that’s uniquely ‘you’ and feel good knowing your iPhone won’t be like any other once you’ve applied it. But better yet, when you choose a skin iPhone 7 Plus owners can trust, made with precision cut 3M vinyl, you can ensure your device will last as long as you need it — whether that’s until Apple announces its next generation or for much longer than that.