When you have a computer, whether desktop or mechanical or a laptop, it is common to always clean the screen and forget about accessories and components. A piece of this last one that is essential is that it is clean because it works very badly when dirty. And it is not only the dust but sometimes they accumulate fat or feel a bit sticky to the touch due to continued contact with the hands. For example, when you have bad habits like eating on top of it. Whether the keyboard is more or less dirty, it is always advisable to clean it periodically.
Here, we will explain to you how to clean the razer keyboard and the different ways to do it, whether it is a desktop computer or a laptop. Also, we tell you a series of tips so that you know how to clean a razer keyboard.
How to clean a razer keyboard?
The razer keyboard on a desktop computer is the easiest to clean because it can be disconnected from the USB port for better handling and movement than a laptop or MAC. There are several ways we have to clean a razer keyboard, depending on whether it is more or less dirty:
- Flip it over: the easiest way to clean it is to turn it over and shake it lightly so that crumbs, food scraps, lint that are between the keys and corners fall out. After turning it over, you end up passing a damp cloth over it or simply a cloth to remove the dust.
- Vacuuming the keyboard: Using a special small vacuum cleaner for the razer keyboard is also quite effective in keeping it clean. If you don’t have one, you can use the one you have to vacuum the sofa, but putting it on a low power program to avoid sucking the keys.
- Pass a brush between the keys: when the razer keyboard is not very dirty, it can also be cleaned with a specific brush or brush to clean the dust, although you can also use a microfiber cloth or duster of those that trap dust.
- Compressed air pears: they are a solution to remove dust or dirt in corners or under the keys through the air. Then the remains can be removed when a duster or cloth or else vacuum.
- Cleaning the razer keyboard with rubbing alcohol: The above methods are best intended when the keyboard is not very dirty. But how do you clean a very dirty razer keyboard? In this case, what you have to do is use isopropyl alcohol because that way, you will remove the grease and everything sticky on the keyboard. You have to use it carefully so as not to remove the letters and numbers from the keys. For this, it is necessary to apply it only in the dirtiest area or in the glob to remove it, for which you can help yourself with a cotton swab. If you need to spread it over the entire keyboard, dampen a cloth in a little isopropyl alcohol. You can reduce it with a little water and dry quickly afterward with another cloth or dry cloth. You can disinfect a computer keyboard.
Clean a laptop or notebook keyboard
The cleaning of a laptop keyboard or laptop is more or less like a PC except for the method of turning and shaking. In this case, the best thing to do is to opt for the compressed air bulb or the slightly damp cloth or the feather duster.
However, when the keys or areas of the keys are very dirty, the solution is nothing more than to arm yourself with patience and take a cotton swab slightly moistened with water and pass it around to remove all the dirt. It is important to pass, as soon as you finish, another dry cloth or swab to remove the moisture traces and that the computer is not damaged.
If you need to remove the keys, there is no choice but to use the so-called spudgers or key extractor. These devices are like a kind of levers, which help to extract them after making a slight pressure under them so that they come out and, consequently, you can remove all the dust and dirt.
Clean razer keyboard inside
From time to time, it may also be necessary to clean the inside of the razer keyboard, especially for desktop computers that have a mechanical keyboard. This is more complicated in laptops because you would have to open the laptop, not being convenient if you do not have prior knowledge.
However, if you have a mechanical razer keyboard on your desktop computer, it is easier to clean the inside. To do this, you just have to:
- Remove the back.
- Pass a brush or brush inside (if the keys have a rubber, you should move it to remove the dirt and clean it outside the razer keyboard before putting it back. To remove or move the rubber, you can help with a key extractor).
- Wipe with a damp cloth. You can use a little isopropyl alcohol and dry well.
- Place the rubber bands very dry if you have removed them.
- Close the Razer keyboard, making sure beforehand that everything is very dry.
With these tips on cleaning the razer keyboard, we hope we have helped you know how to maintain proper hygiene on this peripheral. Anyway, always when in doubt, check the instructions when you bought the equipment or keyboard or ask at the store or an expert to tell you what is the best way to clean your razor keyboard.