This article is a guide that will help you to fix your internet connection. The main reason that your internet cuts out for a few seconds is due to faulty equipment which could be the router, modem or broadband device. The following steps should resolve any issues you have with you’re router and modem connectivity.
How to fix internet cuts out for a few seconds?
● your modem is faulty
● there is a problem with the signal from your ISP’s equipment to your premises
● when the phone company has been doing work in the area and have temporarily lost connection. The company will restore soon, but it can take a day or so. You might notice that you lose internet voice service at the same time.
Steps to fix internet cuts out for a few seconds:
● Check your cables and make sure they are plugged in. This is the most common reason for a person to lose connection
● If it happens frequently, check with any neighbors who might be using your internet service. Try testing their service first
● If you have recently moved house or changed ISP’s, generally it can take up to 24 hours for the signal to stabilize
● Try restarting your modem and router
● If nothing has worked then call you’re ISP or broadband provider. They will run some checks on their end and only charge you if they find that it is your equipment causing the problem. Also, they will arrange an engineer’s visit at no extra cost to yourself.
If the issue is beyond your control, then you will have to pay for an engineer’s visit if it has been less then 6 months since you last upgraded. However, after 6 months of having the same broadband equipment, if there are problems with it, it is likely that they will replace the equipment at no extra cost. If this happens, try different equipment while the new modem is being replaced or temporarily use another broadband devices if you have them.
Things to consider before fixing internet cuts out for a few seconds:
● There are only two ways to get an improved connection, generally speaking, there is no way to make the connection worse. If you pay for a faster service then it will stay that speed until your provider upgrades or you go over the limit you’re paying for. If you have a limited package for phone calls, then moving to unlimited will not make your voice connection any faster.
● You can’t just go out and buy new broadband equipment because there are no guarantees that the you’re old equipment is faulty. If it hasn’t failed yet then there are ways to troubleshoot it first before spending money.
● If you do not know how to set up your router, don’t buy the cheapest one because it could make things worse.
● You can also wait for an upgrade or call your ISP and ask them if there are any upgrades planned in the next few months. Generally this would be a paid service but it will decrease the time that you’re internet connection will be down.
If you notice that your connection cuts out for a few seconds then try restarting your equipment first. If this does not work, check with any neighbors who might be using your internet service.Tags: internet, network