The game of online Rummy is not the type of game which one should venture into with half-baked knowledge. The players should be thorough with all the facets of the game along with the intricacies involved in it before venturing into cash games. Knowing the rules of the game is just not adequate to master the game. You should know how to play Rummy completely. Rummy is a skill game which is played with certain tricks and tactics which gives a player an upper hand over the rest. Let us now see some of the smarter ways to crack the game of online Rummy.
Basics to know:
- The prime objective of the game is to form at least two sequences and sets one of which must be a pure sequence. The cards cannot be pushed to the finished slot unless and until a pure sequence is formed. So, this is what a player must focus on as soon as the cards are dealt to him. Once he completes the pure sequence he can go to form the rest of the sequences and sets.
- The next important thing that a player must be aware of is the scoring pattern. A player must carry lesser points in his hands. He can be called a winner only when he has zero points with him. So, he should know the value of each card that he is holding and has to discard all the cards whose values are very high especially when he finds it difficult to form a pure sequence. At least, by doing so he can ensure that when a deal is complete, he is not burdened with more points.
Tricks associated with Rummy:
Now having understood the basic things right, there are some key tricks which experts use extensively within the rummy rules to crack the game of Rummy. Let us now see all of them one by one.
- One unwritten rule which you should know while playing Rummy online is – the more you have your eyes on the moves of your opponents, greater will be your chance of winning the game. Just like you, your opponents will also be keen in completing the pure sequence first. So, it is not enough if you concentrate just on a pure sequence. On the other hand, it also needs to be ensured that your opponents are deprived of all chances of forming their own sequence. For that to happen, you should observe keenly the cards being picked up by your opponents from the open deck. Once you notice it during each turn, you will have an idea as to what type of sequences are being formed by them. So, by not discarding the cards needed by your opponents you can delay the declaration and frustrate them in doing something wrong.
- You can also confuse your opponents by your own moves. Supposedly, you have two similar cards, you can discard one of them which will confuse your opponent who will be driven to a conclusion that you are not intending to form a particular type of sequence.
- Even you can make your opponents feed you with a particular card that you need badly. For example, if you have two Qs of different suits, say a spade and a diamond and you have a Jack of hearts with you, you can discard the same. When you do that your opponent will be thinking that you are not forming a sequence with it and he may be discarding a Jack of clubs eventually. So, you can immediately take up that card and complete a set.
- Keep picking cards from the open deck continuously for four to five turns. When this happens, your opponent may think you are about to finish the game and so may drop out of the game immediately.
- As a Rummy player, you should focus on holding smart cards. The smart cards are ones with which you have the option of forming two different types of sequences. For example, if you have 5 of a particular suit, you can use it to form a sequence comprising either 3,4,5 or 5,6,7 of the same suit. So, 5 of a suit is a sort of the card which gives you plan B when plan A does not materialise.
- An expert will not be stuck with one particular idea of forming a sequence. He would keep on thinking of multiple options of forming sequences by working on different permutations and combinations. That way he could complete the sequence faster.
So, those were the tricks and tips which a Rummy player must practice if he wants to crack the game of online Rummy. As you keep practising them regularly, it is very much possible that you become an unbeatable expert Rummy player sooner rather than later.